Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Some of the uber cool kids from our church..
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Last night when I got home from work, the power was off (of course) so I decided that instead of trying to cook soba on a gas stove in the dark, I would take the family out to eat. We decided to try Dr. Jack's since we had passed it many times and each time would say "We should go eat there sometime"..ha ha
I'm so glad we did! The food was DELICIOUS! We ordered the Calamari, Fresh Tuna Kelaquin, Crab Cakes & Chicken Kelaquin with Titiyas. Everything was made to order (which took a bit longer than most restaurants, but was well worth the wait) and was so fresh!
The Tuna Kelaquin had to be the best I've ever had on island! The crab cakes were off the hook! The calamari was good..not the best I've had, but still very good, and the chicken kelaquin was really good too. I also loved the homemade tatiya's!
There were a lot of other things on the menu that I really wanted to try but just couldn't eat another bite. Next time I go there, I will definitely try the Coconut crusted fried shrimp..YUM!
If you haven't checked out Dr. Jack's yet...you MUST!!! ..and order the crab cakes..you won't be sorry :)~ just save some for me!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
On Sunday night we had dinner with the missionaries from Youth with a Mission up on Capital Hill. I was introduced to one of the teachers from Dandan who assists with the mission. We had a great night full of great food, games and ended it off with some great music! A couple of the guys played their guitars and Ulu played the Uke while they jammed some Christian songs..
The reason I post a picture of myself at the start of this blog, is because that was the color of my hair Sunday night at dinner...
Today, the teacher I met came by my office for dental insurance. As soon as he came in the door I recognized him and smiled...he looked at me kinda strange, but managed a slight smile back. One of my co-workers entertained him, so I didn't speak to him directly..I caught him looking my way once, so I waved hello (I was way at the back of the office and he was up front). He wears glasses so I'm sure he saw me clearly..but he didn't wave back and looked at me like I was strange. I think he thought I was flirting with him..ha ha ha..He obviously had no clue who I was...He didn't remember me from a couple nights before...I thought that was strange since we did spend several hours of together just a couple nights earlier...then It dawned on me........
This is me as of Wednesday night...I got rid of the blond and went back to my roots..
HE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME CAUSE I LOOKED DIFFERENT..HE KNEW ME AS A BLONDE :)
When I finally remembered and realized why he didn't recognize me, I was a little embarrased cause now I know he really must have been thinking to himself, "that lady over there keeps smiling at me and waving..she must be flirting with me.." he he he
You ever have one of those embarasing moments?
Saturday, August 16, 2008
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, I don't think so..My dad named me...I think he liked the song "Tammy's in love" and thats where he got the name..little would he know how true that title would be..ha ha..and speaking of Country..can't get any closer than Tamara Lynn
2. When WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Hmmm..I rarely ever cry now-a-days but I guess a couple of Sunday's ago was the last time and after pastor Cliff's sermon I was feeling much better!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Depends on the pen and the paper...With some pens, it just flows and looks pretty..with the wrong pen, EWW!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ok, does Pastrami qualify as lunch meat? I would have to say cornbeef or pastrami...I love both...if they don't qualify as lunch meat then I will go with plain old B*O*L*O*G*N*A (fried)
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hell yeah! I'd much rather be my friend than my enemy ..thats for sure.
6. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Hmmm..at times.
7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? YUP!
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Nope..I love my life too much and for my children's sake I couln't risk my life like that!
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don't like cereal...Im lactose intollerant so milk is out..I prefer pop tarts..toasted dark..burned edges.
10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I dont own any shoes with ties on them
11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Definitely!
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? When I do sneak in a bite of ice cream its rasberry rush with chocolate chunks or anything coffee!
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hmmm..physically probably their eyes..
14. RED or PINK? Neither..Im more of a black, white, blue and green person
15. WHAT IS THE THING THAT YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT YOURSELF? My thunder thighs..aggh!Oh, and Im super impatient! I wish I could be more patient with peeps!
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Pops (RIP) and my baby girl T in Washington.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure..why not
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Ha ha ha..Im sitting here in a towel I just got out of the shower and Im too lazy to get dressed...so wala pants, wala shoes..teehee.
19. Early riser or hit the snooze button? Early riser! Sleeping is for dead people :)
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Obama answering questions on Fox at the Sadlebag forum..it's a replay of the interview.....GO OBAMA!
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, What color would you be?? AQUAMARINE!
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Calgon "In the Rain" Body spray (discontinued), vanilla
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Danny
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yup! I don't know her all that well, but I have had occassion to hang with her since way back when (she was in school, and I was, at the time, her teachers wife) when I first met her. We have since crossed paths many times. I have always thought her to be beautiful and smart!
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Local football, which sadly isn't happening at the moment
26. HAIR COLOR? brownish somethingerother...I really don't remember what my natural color looks like...its blonde at the moment
27. EYE COLOR ? Green
28. CONTACTS? Nope!
29. FAVORITE FOOD? Seafood..Sashimi, Oka (Samoan Sashimi) King crab, etc!
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS ? Happy endings!
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? ! Positively, Mabye on DVD...cute movie!
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Ummm.. I think I answered this with the "pants" question above..ha ha
33. HUGS OR KISSES? BOTH!
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Warm bread pudding with vanilla ice cream
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I dunno!
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ??? Hmmmm...KAP?
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Im not..I was reading "The Unnatural History of the Sea" by Callum Roberts, but had to put it down due to open enrollment and no time...but I will take it back up soon and finish it...its extremely interesting and somewhat sad...
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one!
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? The only thing I ever watch is "Fox", George Lopez and 48 hours..
40. FAVORITE Sound? Ulu singing!
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beattles for sure..Strawberry
42. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hmmm..New York? New Jersey..out there.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Ha ha ha...the answer would depend on who is asking
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Brooklyn, New York (Queens hospital to be exact)
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Everybody's!
and Elle..I think I've closed in on the identity of the Beachcomber...he he..but Im keeping it a secret for now..
TAG- Beachcomber..cause I know who you are..ha ha
Here's Mia on his knee..the police officer stepped right in front of Grace as I was about to take the picture..Of course, I was hiding so I couldn't ask him to move..
Thats Grace in the brown...she's still surprised..
The police were awesome...
We all went to dinner at the Fiesta Resort to celebrate afterwards. It was a fun night!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
a little knit scrubby. I went with the soap and it smells DELICIOUS! No worries, I won't eat it..ha ha..
Thanks DEECE. It's been super fun playing and even more fun winning!
(*Gracias take 1 is on my Card Shark Blog)
We did manage to take an hour off and stop by the driving range on Sunday while trying to get out of a super hot, powerless house. We live next door to the range so it was the closest place to run to. I call this series of pictures "HAMO on the range"..Hamo is slang for Samoans, and these two are on the range..ha ha..I'm so funny! Check out the footwear of choice...gotta love em!
Hopefully I will find some time to take more interesting pictures, and post more interesting things..but for now..I sleep, eat and dream GOVERNMENT GROUP LIFE!