Monday, October 20, 2008

R.I.P. Grandpa..

On October 3rd of last year I wrote a post on my Grandfather, Glen Dale
titled "My Grandfather is a living treasure".


Yesterday I received the news that my Grandfather had passed away on October 15th..He was 93 years old and would have turned 94 on the 24th of this month. While I am happy that he is at peace now and together with the love of his life, his wife of over 60 plus years, Ruth, who passed away back in 2005...I will cherish the memories of my trip to meet him for the 1st time last year in my heart forever, and I will miss him dearly!!!! I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!


PS: Sorry I missed all of the "Friends of the Monument" activities yesterday..I was really down and out about my Grandfather and in no condition to attend..I did wear orange yesterday though..and I heard you all did an AWESOME job!!!

3 comments:

KelliOnSaipan said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's great that you got to go see him last year. I just got to see my grandmother last year, too. She's my only one alive - age 86. We write each other snail mail, as she doesn't do computers. She and my grandfather were married over 60 years. A great legacy to leave her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

You're right, Sweetie. Your grandpa is now in peace, free of pain, and with his loving wife. We will get over our sorrow remembering how happy he must be now, with his wife, son, and other beloved members of the family.
Love You!
Love, mom

Saipan Writer said...

Condolences.

My mother is 92. This post makes me worry.

Take care and feel better soon.