Friday, December 28, 2007

SHAME ON YOU DCCA!

Last night I passed by Aquarius Beach Towers beach on my way to Blockbuster video and DCCA along with the Manamko's were having a party back there on the beach. I thought "how cool" ...This morning I returned to Aquarius beach to take my kids swimming and to try out their new underwater cameras and this is what I found....



You can actually see some Russian tourists walking on the beach in the back ground..There were quite a few Russians on the beach when I got there and all of them seemed very disgusted with all the trash..






DCCA SHAME ON YOU!!


There was also a few Japanese tourists down there..this man saw my son picking up trash and grabbed a bag to help him. Together they picked up the entire beach which turned out to be just over 7 trash bags full of trash.

Thank you Savali for caring enough about the beach and the environment and for picking up all of DCCA's trash!



This is what the beach looked like after my son and the lone Japanese man picked up all the trash..




I'm so disappointed that DCCA and the Manamko's would leave the beach in such a discus ting condition. Shortly after the trash was picked up this group of Photographers and their model showed up at the beach to take some photos..Can you imagine what they would have thought had they seen all that trash there???? I can only imagine what the Russian tourists who were already there thought???? I was embarrassed even though it was not my trash. I wanted to run up to them and tell them our beaches don't usually look like this...As you can tell, I'm still very upset..DCCA owes the public, most especially the tourists and local people who were faced with their piles of trash on a beautiful Saturday morning, an apology! NOT COOL!








6 comments:

glend558 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
glend558 said...

Good work, Tamara, everyone should be as caring as you then this wouldn't be a problem. The time spent for beach clean-up could be spent on beautifying instead of just picking up trash...
Have a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

i see the photos of trash bags with the trash scattered around.. I think this shows that even if you put your trash in bags, please take the next step to take the trash with you and dispose of it properly.. the wild dogs don't stop at trash in bags..they tear it up and make a tremendous mess...

Tamara said...

Thats so true Anon! Trash bags are little help when left for the wild dogs to attack. They could have taken their trash with them or walked a mere 25 feet to the dumpster in the parking lot of ABT and put them there..anyway, I have a new found respect for people to volunteer every weekend to pick up trash..

Angelo Villagomez said...

I smell a letter to the editor

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site seaweedsandandsunsets.blogspot.com
Is this possible?