Thursday, March 27, 2008

HOUSEKEEPER

After a lot of thought and discussion, we have decided we simply can not renew our housekeeper for another year. First and foremost, the minimum wage increase in May will add an additional burden on our already mounting pile of bills. Secondly, I haven't really needed a housekeeper for awhile now. My kids are pretty grown up and able to do most chores on their own and when they are not with me, they are usually at their dad's. Thirdly, should we decide to move to a smaller more economical place (which we have been thinking about...kinda) we wouldn't be able to if we renewed her because she needs her own bedroom, which is why we have remained in the four bedroom house we are currently in. And Lastly, T is having a tuff time in the CG and may....may be coming home soon...Soooo, it was with a heavy heart that I had to explain all these things to her and advise her that I will not be renewing her permit. I will however, allow her to seek an administrative transfer and we have began the paper work necessary for that to happen.

My housekeeper has been with me for 6 years now and has done a good job for me. She is very good with the kids and has been of great assistance to me especially with regards to my youngest girl whom she has taken care of since she was 4. She is a very honest lady to the point where if she finds even a nickle in the dryer or under the couch, she makes sure to put it on the counter for me or give it to me when I get home.. She would really be an asset to anyone who may need a housekeeper or care taker for their children.

Anyway, the main point of my post is to find out if there is anyone out there in Blogger land who may need the services of a housekeeper. If so, please do let me know. You can reach me at Moylan's Insurance. I would be glad to set up an appointment for you to meet with her and speak with her to find out if she would suit your needs. We would really like to find a new employer within the next 30 days.

Please do let me know if your interested!

Thanks!

1 comment:

KAP said...

What a clever idea.

Alas, we gave up on maids years ago. The kids got too spoiled.