Thursday, June 12, 2008

Saipan's Biggest Loser or Body Success Challenge...whatever you want to call it...


I DID IT! I went in today, signed up and payed my registration for Golds Gym's Saipan's Biggest Looser Contest..Then I did what had to be the most humiliating thing I have ever had to do in my life..I had the "BEFORE" pictures, measurements and weight taken....and I had to have the pictures taken TWICE, cause the first time was too close...The humiliating part is over..now comes the hard part..loosing the weight...The contest starts on monday, which is a good thing since I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and Father's Day on Sunday...one last brunch..he he..

I wanted to look at the "BEFORE" pictures but I was too mortified to ask..I had to sit in the waiting area in my shorts and tank top for 10 minutes waiting for my turn...that was bad enough..*sigh* I just kept trying to focus on the "AFTER" pictures and the possibility of winning $1,500.00 ....wish me luck!


8 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

I was thinking of doing this contest...do you know how many people are signing up?

Tamara said...

Well, today was the first day for actual pictures, weigh in and measurements and by the time I went in at lunch they had about 15. There were two males there while I was there, so thats two more. Enrolment is open today, tomorrow and sunday. Contest starts on Monday...Join!

Angelo Villagomez said...

I signed up. I weigh in at just under 200 lbs. My goal is 170.

Tamara said...

I sooo will not disclose my weight..ha ha...but Good Luck! I will be happy if I drop a good 0lbs...and take home the $1,500.00 :)

Lewie Tenorio said...

Good luck. I'll be cheering you on. So what's you're game plan?

Tamara said...

Game plan :

Well, I have not drank a drop of water since I was probably 16..Im talking straight up water, no sugar in it..So Plan A is to get rid of all the soda, ice tea w/sugar, lemonaid, etc..and start drinking water...I think this is going to be my biggest obsticle because I HATE water..but I started to with vitamin water..0 calories, 0 fat, etc..so hopefully I can stick to either plain water or slightly flavored water..

#2. Cut out all fried, fatty foods...and no more jelly beans from Expressions ..*sigh* I bought a huge bag of apples...I'm sure they won't taste as good as jelly beans..ha ha..but I like apples so I think I will be ok..I plan on eating a lot healthier.

#3. Ughhhhcersize...I'm going to start walking today and since I love the beach so much, Im going to do more swimming..probably out to the tanks a couple times a week and back...and more Kayaking for my arms...If I don't see good enough results after a couple weeks..I may join the gym....maybe..but yeah, incorporating exercise into my daily routine will be a must...

Ive dropped 35 lbs in three months before, but I did it a very unhealthy way (taking diet pills, not sleeping, etc..) and I gained it all back and then some..so this time I plan to do it the healthy way and keep it off!

Thanks for the support!!!

I will keep you all posted on the progress here on my blog.

Tamara said...

Yikes...Saipan Blogger that should say "40" lbs..not "0" he he..I doubt I will take home the mula if I drop "0" lbs...

KAP said...

I feel the same about purified/distilled water. It's just wet, but spring water is the best thing going. Seouk Su is the best deal I've found on Saipan.