Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friday Food Fest VII

Today I'm not actually sharing a food recipe with you.
I'm sharing a drink recipe. I got this from my fiance's
boss and I tried it out last weekend and it was really good!

HOMEMADE KAHLUA

Recipe Ingredients

4 cups sugar
1 cup instant coffee
3 cups of water
3 tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
2 cups of Vodka (or more if you like :)

Recipe Method

Bring the water, sugar and coffee to a boil.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Cool.
Add 3 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 cups vodka.

Enjoy!

This is sooo much better than the expensive store bought Kahlua.
I'm going to try making it with instant Kona coffee and see how it comes out
this weekend. You can also add a couple of teaspoons of chocolate syrup and
make Chocolate Kahlua..yum!

It's so easy to make, and much more fun to drink!

Bon Appetit or should I say, CHEERS!

No comments: