Monday, September 17, 2007

I love being "Auntie Tami"

I have 6 awesome nieces. No nephews yet *cough**cough* The second oldest of the bunch, is my brother William's daughter Brianna who is 8. She is in the 3rd grade at Mt. Carmel School.

The other day I was over at her house visiting and she showed me her journal that she keeps for one of her classes at school. I thought it was awesome! Her cursive was beautiful for an 8 year old. I can't image that I wrote anywhere that neat or nice when I was her age. Hell, i don't even write that nice at 36..he he...Her grammar was a lot better than mine too (Angelo can vouch for that)! The coolest part of her journal was that at the end of each entry she drew a little picture of what she was writing about to go along with her story. Her art work is borderline Michael Angelo...ha ha..Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...but for 8 years old, I was super de duper impressed!!!!


One of her posts really surprised me..in a good way! I thought it was so sweet and totally awesome that she wrote about me in her journal. I loved it sooo much I asked her if I could take pictures of her journal to keep and she said it would be fine. Yeah!


(incase the prints too small, it says, Dear Journal, Today I had a great day. I went swimming and I ate BBQ at my uncle Ulu's birthday. We had so much fun. I picked mansenita from the tree. Then I caught a crab. I went back to my room to take a shower. Later, I came back and ->)

(we ate the left over food from the party and happy hour. Later, we watched fire dancing from special sticks and ropes. I made a tree from this long thick stick I found on the beach and I added a stick and a leaf. Also, my uncle Ulu proposed to my auntie Tammy.)

(Saturday was fun, Brianna C. Hunter)

She even drew the tears on my face...he he..tears of joy of course! These are actual pictures taken at the event so you can see just how accurate her drawings are..




She ROCKS! I Love being her Auntie Tami!!!!

No comments: