Monday, October 1, 2007

Dear 8th Grade Tami,

Boni Reyes (You know, that kinda angry looking girl who walks around school with a binder of poetry everywhere she goes) and Mona Concepcion (You don't know her right now, but some day her older sister will be married to William, so she's "family") prompted us "bloggers" (You probably won't understand what that is either...think in terms of someone who leaves their diary open on their bed for everyone to read..)to write you a letter. Kinda like a warning of "what not to do" to survive life a little easier till you reach our current age.

Anyway, I though about it for awhile and I realized that writing that all down would take me weeks, if not longer!!! Since they say a "picture is worth a thousand words" I've decided to send you this ...


and just ask that you do two things for me...

1. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of that can of Aqua Net you are forever spraying on your head..10 inch high bangs are sooo not cool and they just about took out one of Mike Love's eyes at the Beach Boys concert your going to attend in 89'.

2. NEVER EVER put shoulder pads into your t-shirts (I know you may think they are the "in" thing, but they honestly make you look like a line backer for the 49'ers!)

Aside from that, you will probably think I'm lying about this, but just "DO YOU" and everything will turn out fine!!! TRUST ME!

Hugs and Kisses,

Tami 2007

PS: I almost forgot, in '98 your going to meet a guy who is on a business trip. He's handsome, sophisticated and worldly and he is going to offer you the world on a silver platter. Only problem is....that silver platter belongs to his WIFE..so don't fall for it!!!! Take care! ~t


6 comments:

kirida said...

Oh t-shirts with shoulder pads. I'm cringing now.

G'ma said...

So who's the 'slime bag' with the silve platter? :-)

Bon said...

How about the scotch tape under the hem of our uniforms? Girl, you looked good in high school.

Tamara said...

ha ha @ Boni, The tape wouldn't hold so I just started rolling over the waist band several times :) Those were the days :)

Bon said...

OMG I remember that! I just had a visual, rolled waits and rolled sleeves.

Anonymous said...

god you had bad hair.