Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stir fried craziness

Day two of the flu and I'm going stir crazy...I can deal with the stuffy nose and body aches but the itchy watery eyes get me all the time. They keep me from going out..I would attempt to leave my house if I could see well enough to drive, but with my eyes constantly watering I can't :( So here I am stuck at home...again!

I think I will break out my sewing machine and sew something...I'm not sure what..I haven't sewn for a long time, never seem to have the time anymore...but now I do...I wonder If I can sew while crying? hmmm...

There is not much else for me to do around here..Pat (our housekeeper) has taken care of just about everything..she's even cooked...

la di da di da di da...i hate being sick!

BBL

*EDIT*

so I did get to sewing....at first I thought about sewing a top for my girl, but I couldn't find any elastic lying around so I figured maybe a purse or a wallet, but I couldn't find a pattern I liked on line..sooooo...I decided to make a "DAMMIT DOLL" ...yes, there is such a thing..it's supposedly very popular amongst crafters...so popular it even has it's own poem..
When you want to throw the phone or kick a chair and shout,

here's a little dammit doll you cannot do without.

Just grip it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it,

and as you bash its stuffing out, yell

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"


Just what I needed! I went through my scrap materials, yarns, ribbons, etc (which wasn't an easy task with uli and moli wanting to get into everything)..and after a minimal amount of sewing, here's my first DAMMIT DOLL


He was fun to make..I might make more and give em to friends who I think might need one..he he..Maybe I will make the local version, a "Diablo doll" he he..

I haven't slammed the stuffing out of my new doll yet, but the truth is, I'm already feeling much better :)

Get out of my craft supplies troublemaker!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want one!

G'ma said...

Your "dammit" doll is kind of cute...but I still like the mermaid ones a lot :-)
Btw, I could use a betelnut bag...hint hint
love,momma

Bon said...

I want a sunnababichi doll!